The Mercedes Grand Prix team are supposedly planning a top secret test in the Middle East for Michael Schumacher as a final test for the German before announcing his comeback in Formula 1.
The team is obviously desperate to keep the event secret. Speculations suggest the test could take place at the Formula 1 Grand Prix track of Abu Dhabi or in Dubai. According to British newspaper The Mirror the German is likely to test a GP2 car as the team is not allowed to run a Formula 1 car as testing of these is banned in the winter months.
Schumacher and the team can therefore test if the German’s troublesome neck will be up to it. A neck injury incurred courtesy of a motorcycle crash stopped Schumacher from replacing Felipe Massa in the 2009 Formula 1 season.
Will his neck hold up?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019