The Queen will honour Jenson Button by making him a Member of the British Empire (MBE), according to reports in The Mirror.
Button recently missed out winning the prestigious BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, which is voted for by the British public, to Manchester United and international footballer Ryan Giggs.
However, The Mirror reports that Button is one of the most high-profile names set to receive an Order of the British Empire on the Queen’s New Year’s honours list. The news will be officially announced next week.
Lewis Hamilton was made an MBE last year after he won the 2008 title. Button and Hamilton will race head-to-head at McLaren next season in an all British team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020