I assume we’re still meant to care about him!
Nelson Piquet Jr. has revealed that he will soon be confirming his racing plans ahead of the 2010 season. The Brazilian is yet to race on a full-time basis following his sacking from Renault after the Hungarian Grand Prix but insists that arrangements are nearing their end.
Having been turfed by Renault and then later revealing his involvement in the ‘Crashgate’ fiasco that threatened to derail the sport, Piquet has since ventured stateside to test a NASCAR Truck Series vehicle in November.
Given Nelson’s known ability to turn left into walls, he should have little difficulty being able to turn left on ovals!
In October, the 24-year-old was linked with a possible seat at Campos F1 for next season, although fixed plans are yet to be set in stone and it is highly unlikely that Campos would want to take him on.
"About next year guys, there are some very good things going on, thank God," Nelsinho wrote on his personal Twitter account on Tuesday. "I will decide about it soon. Very soon."
[Image from Formula 1 Blog]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020