Mercedes Grand Prix team principal Ross Brawn is delighted he will be reunited with seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher as of next season.
The duo claimed a total of seven championship titles while working together and Benetton and Ferrari. Brawn has said he is looking forward to work with Schumacher again.
"I am delighted that we can confirm today that Michael will make his much-anticipated return to Formula One next year and drive for our Mercedes Grand Prix team," Brawn said. "As seven-time World Champion, Michael’s outstanding record in Formula One speaks for itself and I am looking forward to working with him again.
"With the completion of our driver line-up, I believe that we now have the most exciting partnership in Formula One with Michael and Nico [Rosberg], who provide the perfect mix of talent, experience, speed and youth.
"We can now turn our full attention to the preparations for the new season and everyone at Mercedes Grand Prix is extremely excited about the challenge ahead. With the investment and support in our team provided by Daimler, Aabar and our new title partner Petronas, and with two such exciting drivers, we have all of the building blocks in place to have another successful season in 2010."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020