Here’s something we didn’t know before!
Michael Schumacher’s deal with Mercedes Grand Prix is actually for three seasons, and not the single season originally anticipated.
"Mercedes GP and I agreed on teaming up for the coming 3 seasons and to be honest, I’m already super excited by the prospect to be back in a F1 cockpit," Schumacher said. "I don’t want to deny at all that the idea of a German F1 team tempts me. I guess every German driver would feel this way. And of course it plays a major role that I again can work together with Ross at Mercedes GP. Above all, however, my old hunger for racing is back.
"In Abu Dhabi, when Ross asked me if I could imagine returning to F1, I felt that I wasn’t ready for it. But only two weeks later, when he called me once again, I realised that my old passion was returning. Suddenly I was on fire again. For me, the imagination to be back in a F1 car and to compete for the world championships is exciting and extremely inspiring."
This type of talk is very dangerous for his rivals!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020