USF1 has rejected doubts from Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone that they will not make the grid next season as 2010 debutants. Ecclestone had expressed he held serious doubts that both US F1 and Campos Meta would be able to make the grid in Bahrain.
"I’m surprised Bernie said that," US F1 Sporting Director Peter Windsor (pictured above, with team co-founder Ken Anderson)told BBC Sport. "We will be there, we’re in good shape."
The Charlotte-based outfit is the only team not to confirm at least one driver signing ahead of its first season in F1.
"Everything is going well and we are looking forward to the year," Windsor added. "We’ve just finished the chassis and are now in the hands of Cosworth (engine dealer). "There will be a moment when we announce the drivers at the factory and that will be sometime towards late January."
Got that, Bernie?
[Image from GrandPrix.com]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020