Having witnessed the limelight his brother garnered by announcing his return to the F1 stage, now Ralf Schumacher – brother of the legendary Michael – has chimed in and admits that he too is eyeing an F1 comeback!
You’re joking, right!
Since being turfed by Toyota at the end of the 2007 season and having failed to secure a seat with any of the other F1 teams (even Force India said no!), Ralf ventured to the DTM series.
"I feel that my desires to race in Formula 1 are still there," Ralf told German magazine Bild, which also claims that the younger Schumacher has already turned down an offer from one of the new Formula 1 teams.
Who was it with? Lotus? If you want to get back into F1, Ralf, I’d think the seats in the established teams are pretty taken!
"There must be a challenge, it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team."
So explain to me again WHY you turned down this offer? You’re not making sense!
"I know that my reputation suffered during my time at Toyota but I left that behind me. I know what I can do and I feel ready to do it again."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Frijns wins as Vergne goes back to back - 15 July, 2019
- Formula E: Sims on pole for New York finale - 15 July, 2019
- Hamilton records sixth British GP victory - 15 July, 2019
- Bottas beats Hamilton to British GP pole - 14 July, 2019
- Leclerc tops ultra-tight session - 13 July, 2019