As speculated earlier in December, Jenson Button has been awarded an MBE from Her Majesty the Queen as part of the New Year Honours List.
Button’s former team principal, Ross Brawn has been awarded an OBE.
Honours lists are published twice a year in the United Kingdom at New Year and in mid-June on the date of The Queen’s official birthday.
"To be recognised by Her Majesty the Queen is a tremendous honour for me. Many people played a role in my world championship – and in receiving this award, I want to thank them for all their efforts," Button was quoted by The Mirror.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020