Retired F1 driver Ralf Schumacher revealed to Bild earlier this week that he has
run out of money now wants to emulate his older brother Michael and make a comeback to F1 next year. Rumours were afoot that Ralf had actually been offered a role with one of the new teams (most likely Lotus), and that he had turned it down.
In fact, Ralf has been linked to the Toro Rosso team, although the German stresses that this is no more than pure speculation at present.
STR has officially confirmed only Sébastien Buemi so far for the 2010 season, although the management of his 2009 team-mate Jaime Alguersuari claim that a contract already exists for what would be his first full season in the sport.
Were the rumours surrounding Ralf’s comeback to bear fruit at Toro Rosso, Alguersuari would miss out on his seat in order to make way for the 6-time Grand Prix winner. "Franz Tost [Toro Rosso Team Principal] and I are just very good friends," Schumacher, who has raced in DTM for the last two years, told German news agency SID.
"I cannot name any teams we’re talking to – any team being mentioned is just speculation."
Speculation you’re no doubt happy to fuel, Ralf!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway hangs up his helmet - 26 November, 2019
- Formula E: Sims wins chaotic second race in Diriyah - 24 November, 2019