Scuderia Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost was – how shall we say? – exceptionally clear about the rumours linking former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher to a full time race seat at his team: utter nonsense! Michael’s brother recently revealed he too would love to return to Formula 1 and certain sections of the press linked him with a drive at the Italian/Austrian team.
Tost and Ralf actually have a lengthy history, with the younger Schumacher being managed by Tost during his career in Japan. Tost also worked for BMW during the marque’s re-entry into F1 with Williams in 2000, for whom Ralf was driving.
Tost did not wish to spend too much time on the rumours that go around lately. "I don’t know anything about these rumours, they are absolutely false," Tost told German magazine Auto Motor und Sport. "These rumours are nonsense and that is all I can say about it."
Got that, Ralf?!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020