To commemorate his 2009 title victory, Jenson Button made his second appearance on the BBC’s Top Gear, to be interviewed in their ‘F1 Star In A Reasonably Priced Car’ segment.
Before getting his second crack at a fast lap in the Suzuki Liana, Button was grilled by host Jeremy Clarkson on a variety of topics, including the challenge of teaming up with Lewis Hamilton and losing out at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards. Button, it seems, still can’t get over the loss to footballer Ryan Giggs!
The entire episode forms part of Top Gear’s 14th season, which will be broadcast on Australia’s Channel 9 in the coming calendar season – the network has recently bought the rights at considerable cost from the rival SBS network at some considerable expense.
SPOILER ALERT! You can watch the interview and Jenson’s fast lap here:
Richard’s F1 hopes to preview more of the fourteenth season of Top Gear in the coming months, so stay tuned!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020