Stefano D’Aste will return to Proteam Motorsport for the 2010 FIA WTCC season. The Italian driver had previously raced for the team in 2005, 2006 and 2008 (pictured above), and switched to the Wiechers-Sport outfit for the 2007 and 2009 seasons.
“I am very pleased with our agreement. With D’Aste back in the team we can look at the next season with a lot of expectations,” said Proteam director Valmiro Presenzini Mattoli .
“I am really happy I have received this offer from Proteam. We have managed to find a deal soon as we have the same goal: achieving the best possible results without wasting money,” D’Aste stated.
The team is currently negotiating to sign their second driver, whose identity will be revealed soon.
Image via FIA WTCC website]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020