2009 Danish Touring Car Champion Michel Nykjær has been signed to SUNRED Engineering for the 2010 WTCC season.
Nykjær is widely regarded as one of Europe’s most successful touring car drivers, having clinched the 2007 and 2009 Danish titles in addition to the 2007 and 2008 FIA European Touring Car Cup.
Nykjær recently drove the SUNRED SEAT León at a private test.
"The SEAT León is a fantastic car. SUNRED and SEAT Sport have very close relationships and I am confident that they can help me to reach the very top. My goal is to win the Independents’ Trophy in 2010, which I consider possible in spite of the tough competition," Nykjær said.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020