Speculation is mounting that Toro Rosso could be set to make a late claim for the services of Bruno Senna if the new Campos team fail to make the grid.
The nephew of the great Ayrton Senna signed up with Campos in October, however, there have been more claims doing the rounds that the Spanish team won’t make the 2010 grid due to ongoing financial difficulties.
Reports in Italy in Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport note that Brazilian sources say Toro Rosso has the ‘right’ to sign Senna should Campos Meta 1 fail to make the grid.
To date, Toro Rosso has only confirmed Sebastien Buemi as one of its drivers for the new season. Furthermore while Jaime Alguersuari is speculated to be the favourite to get the go-ahead to drive the other STR car, his appointment has still not been confirmed.
Is this chain of events leading to a Senna switch at the eleventh hour? No doubt there will be more to this…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020