Michael Schumacher’s three-day GP2 test came to a close on Thursday at Jerez, where the multiple champion came within 0.4s of breaking Kamui Kobayashi’s GP2 lap record at the circuit!
Who says he hasn’t got it?
Restricted to more wet-tyre running in the morning, he was finally ably to post some laps on dry tyres in the afternoon, with a best lap of 1:24.621.
"I could really drive a lot on this last day of testing and it worked out perfectly," Schumacher said.
"I am very happy with the way testing went here: we worked well, times and consistency were well, we could do everything we had scheduled to do. I feel fit, I felt comfortable immediately back in the car – hey, let’s go for it!"
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020