Felipe Massa and MotoGP rider Nicky Hayden have taken race victories in the ice racing events that closed proceedings at the annual Madonna di Campiglio ski junket run in honour of the Marlboro-sponsored Ferrari and Ducati teams.
The 2010 Ducati MotoGP riders and Ferrari F1 drivers – in addition to Massa’s younger brother Dudu – went head to head in two ice races on a frozen lake on the final day of the week-long event.
The first event was run in FIAT Pandas, with Massa winning ahead of the MotoGP riders Casey Stoner and Hayden. Massa’s team-mate, Fernando Alonso, finished fourth.
The second race saw the contestants switch to karts, and this time it was Hayden who took the spoils after the leading the entire race – Alonso retired from this race after sliding into a barrier.
One hopes Fernando’s form (relative to Massa’s) is not repeated in this fashion during the official F1 season!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020