Motorcycle ace Valentino Rossi has spent time in the Ferrari simulator at Maranello in preparation for his upcoming test session with the Scuderia at Barcelona.
Ferrari has committed to a promise made to the ‘The Doctor’ that it would grant him another run in a F1 car in recognition of his ninth motorcycle racing world title last season.
Due to the current testing restriction in place, however, Rossi’s upcoming test next Wednesday and Thursday will be in a 2008 machine.
Rossi spent time at Ferrari HQ by briefing with engineers and having a run in the team’s new simulator. In addition to this, he took the new 458 Italia road car for a few laps around the team’s test track at Fiorano.
We’re looking forward to seeing Rossi’s lap times around the Circuit de Catalunya next week – we’ll keep you posted on how he goes.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020