Expectations are certainly never low for Ross Brawn, with the Mercedes GP team boss already
casting Nico Rosberg into a Number 2 role backing his star signing, Michael Schumacher, to take the 2010 championship.
Brawn and Schumacher will be reunited on the grid after the German’s three-year sabbatical from F1 racing. Following the team’s success as Brawn GP in 2009, Ross again has high expectations for the team’s competitiveness in 2010.
When interviewed by the German magazine Bild, he said, "If I had to bet on any of the championship candidates I would put my money on Michael for the Formula 1 championship title this year.
"I don’t expect Michael to win the first races. He will need a few races to get comfortable again and get used to the other cars and new drivers in Formula 1. But it won’t be long until we will see the Schumacher we used to see. Michael’s strength is adapting and learn very easily."
Brave words indeed, Ross! I bet Nico’s pissed he’s not even been given a mention!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019