Disgraced F1 driver Nelson Piquet Jr is clearly a little press-starved and still desperate to remind everyone that he exists!
The sacked Renault driver and ‘Crashgate’ driver now claims he could have made a return to F1 this year if he’s wanted, claiming a firm offer was on the table.
As was recently announced, Nelsinho is now chasing opportunities to race in the NASCAR series.
full of shit adamant that his move to NASCAR has nothing to do with him having no chance of getting back into F1, but was because he did not want to get involved in the politics that surround grand prix racing.
Well you should have thought about that before accepting the offer to bin your car into a wall!
"I could’ve been there [Formula 1] if I wanted to," Piquet said. "A team offered me to be there.
"I just thought I was sick and tired of all of the stuff over there. I just took a decision of starting a new step in my career. I was just sick and tired of things over there."
It’s unclear which team supposedly offered Nelsinho a race drive for this season, although he was previously linked with a drive alongside Bruno Senna at the Campos F1 team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020