Toyota’s former chief race and test engineer, Dieter Gass, has followed in Jarno Trulli’s footsteps and signed with Lotus F1.
The move has also been mirrored by Gianluca Pisanello, who was Jarno’s race engineer at the Japanese team.
Given the number of driver transfers that have occurred during the off-season, Trulli will be among just a handful of drivers to retain the same engineer from 2009 – perhaps this could prove crucial in setting the groundwork in a new team like Lotus.
Gass’ appointment sees him working a the team’s Deputy Technical Director, reporting to Mike Gascoyne.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020