McLaren has signed up its next racing protégé, a 14-year-old Dutchman called Nyck de Vries, who joins the company’s young driver development programme and is
conveniently managed by Anthony Hamilton, father and Manager to his son, Lewis.
De Vries triumphed in both the WSK KF3 International and German Junior karting championships in 2008.
"McLaren has a long-held commitment to assisting young talent," Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh
gloated said. "Nyck appears to be a very exciting prospect and we are looking forward to assisting his junior career, providing him with the brainwashing support and training he requires to succeed."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020