Argentine driver José María López will be confirmed as one of USF1 drivers for the team’s debut F1 season, according to his manager.
Lopez’s first association with F1 came in 2006 as a test driver for Renault whilst competing in GP2. Unable to obtain decent backing, he returned to his homeland and competed in the country’s tin-top championship, the TC2000, and has claimed the championship for the last two seasons.
As claimed several weeks ago, Lopez looks set to make his F1 debut with the Charlotte-based team. Everything has been agreed and the official announcement will be made on Monday," Manager Mattos told Reuters.
So, Mattos, just how much money is he bringing to the team?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020