GP2 runner-up Vitaly Petrov is reportedly offering to buy his way into F1 this season, with just five places remaining on the 26-car grid.
In a market where there are more drivers than there are seats available, money is always going to talk in F1 – particularly when some of the teams do not have a full sponsorship roster (hello, Renault!).
As reported the other day, the Russian is reportedly keen to secure a seat with Renault.
Germany’s Bild is claiming Petrov and his portfolio of sponsors would be willing to cough up some €15M for an F1 race seat.
An example of dollars over talent in this case?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020