The RBM BMW team and RML Chevrolet team have completed a two-day test session at Portimão’s new Autódromo do Algarve, in Southern Portugal, the venue that will host Rounds 11 and 12 of this year’s FIA WTCC on 4 July.
Now in his fourth season as a BMW Motorsport driver, Brazil’s Augusto Farfus (pictured above) completed his first test in the BMW 320si run by Bart Mampaey’s RBM outfit, in which he joins triple WTCC champion Andy Priaulx.
Chevrolet fielded two Cruze LT cars during the test, for 2008 world champion Yvan Muller and Robert Huff, who both had already tested two weeks ago in Valencia. Alain Menu attended the test and the briefing, but did not drive. He will be back at the wheel together with his two team-mates during the team’s last test session before the beginning of the season, on 17 and 18 February at Valencia again.
[Image via FIA WTCC website]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020