While Mercedes GP may have staged its livery launch in Stuttgart on Monday, the squad did not formally announce its third driver alongside Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher.
One individual who was noticeably absent from the livery launch was Nick Heidfeld, in spite of his manager having announced that his star driver had been signed to the team. Many expected that the veteran driver would have been present at Monday’s event.
Team Principal Ross Brawn did, however, state that an announcement was imminent.
We’re working on that," Brawn said at the Mercedes museum. "It has not yet been finalised, so it would be premature to say where we are; it’s not been the greatest priority for us, to be honest, but we’re working on it and there should be some news in the next week or so."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020