Scuderia Toro Rosso has confirmed it will launch its 2010 challenger on the opening day of pre-season testing at Valencia on 1 February.
Joining the majority of the 2010 F1 teams at the Ricardo Tormo circuit, the team’s first fully-fledged design effort – known as the TR5 – will be unveiled with drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari in attendance.
In the previous four seasons since the buyout of the Minardi team, the squad has run Red Bull chassis under a joint venture agreement with parent supplier ‘Red Bull Technology’.
Under the new rules, any team wishing to compete as a constructor in F1 must design and construct the car themselves, or set up an exclusive arrangement with a third party to design the car on their behalf (such as Campos with chassis builder, Dallara).
We’re looking forward to seeing their inaugural effort, but PLEASE, Toro Rosso, do not change your beautiful livery!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020