A sneaky photo of the Toro Rosso TR5 posted on Forza Toro Rosso looks to have revealed a subtle livery change from the team’s previous challenger, the STR4.
Speculation had been mounting that the Red Bull sister team would look at a change to its beautiful livery in a bid to stem confusion between the liveries of Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso.
Judging by the picture above, the livery looks to have gold flashes on the side pods and a possible orange strip on the nose, which could tie in with the Repsol sponsorship Jaime Alguersuari has brought to the team.
The car will be launched at the Valencia circuit during next week. The team also revealed that staff have been working hard at the factory in Faenza, with mechanics working night shifts to make sure the car is ready on time.
With only 15 days testing time before the start of the season proper, the team have said "We wanted to get in as much mileage as possible, for the sake of sorting out the car and also to give our drivers as much cockpit time as possible [in the car]."
Currently, it is the most beautiful livery of all the teams! Provided the team’s livery hasn’t been completely changed, we will be happy!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020