And just when you think it couldn’t get worse, it does get worse!
Tony Texeira, the head of the current
bankrupt "postponed" A1 Grand Prix championship, has confirmed that he is in negotiation with the Campos F1 team ahead of its debut season.
With rumours wildly circulating as to the team’s financial position, the South African said he is looking to buy into the Spanish team.
The fifth season of the A1GP series ground to a complete halt due to
Texeira stealing all the money massive funding issues, but that hasn’t stopped Texeira from looking into his bottomless vault and now he’s looking to throw money Campos’ way!
"I am talking to Campos, but I’m not the only one," Teixeira told Reuters. "There’s more than one group talking to Campos and for us it has got to be part of an A1 deal. It’s all for A1. My ambition is to bring A1 into F1."
This just has disaster written all over it!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020