Happy birthday to Takuma Sato, who turns 33 today!
Sato’s last F1 appearance was in 2009 pre-season testing with Toro Rosso, in an unsuccessful bid to secure a race seat after he was left without a drive when Super Aguri collapsed in the first half of the 2008 season.
He was briefly in contention for a seat with Lotus, but did not secure the drive.
Here’s hoping a great birthday present arrives for Taku in the form of an F1 race seat!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020