couldn’t find a race seat elsewhere prefers to remain as Ferrari’s reserve driver rather than attempt to secure a seat with any of the remaining teams still to announce their second driver for the 2010 season.
Fisico, now 37, was present at Ferrari’s launch of its 2010 challenger in Maranello.
Fisichella peaked with pole position and a podium finish at last year’s Belgian GP with Force India before being drafted into Ferrari as the injured Felipe Massa’s replacement for the final five races of the season. Ferrari had confirmed that it would be prepared to loan its reserve driver back to Force India for the 2010 season.
Force India has since confirmed its retention of Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi; Fisico was then tipped for a possible drive with Sauber, given the Swiss team’s use of the Ferrari engines for the 2010 season.
Sauber has since announced that it has signed Pedro de la Rosa alongside Kamui Kobayashi, leaving him in the wilderness so far as a top-line race seat is concerned.
I couldn’t find a seat elsewhere It’s better to stay here as the third driver," Fisichella told Reuters, before adding that a move to the questionable Campos or USF1 teams would be unsuitable.
Let’s just admit that no one else wanted you, Giancarlo!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020