McLaren has unveiled its 2010 title contender, the MP4-25, at Vodafone’s UK headquarters today.
Presenting the car to the gathered media throng were drivers Lewis Hamilton and the newly-signed Jenson Button.
The tightly packaged MP4-25’s most striking feature is the elongated shark fin engine cover that connect with the car’s rear wing.
One problem: if the car is hit from the rear and the rear wing breaks, the team will have to replace the entire engine cover on top of the wing! Perhaps the team is thinking the car will be so quick that no one will be able to ram it from behind!
In what will be a common trend with all 2010 designs, the car’s wheelbase is longer than its predecessor to cater for the larger fuel tank required under this season’s regulations that do not permit refuelling.
Despite not securing either title in 2009, the 2010 cars will again bear the numbers 1 and 2 courtesy of Button’s victory in the 2009 Drivers’ Championship.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019