Mehdi Bennani – the young Moroccan driver who made such an impressive WTCC debut last year – will compete for the entire 2010 season at the wheel of a Wiechers-Sport BMW 320si.
“We are delighted that Mehdi will be able to do the entire season with Wiechers-Sport. As the only Moroccan driver in a world championship, he will be carrying high the colours of Morocco on the world’s most prestigious circuits” said Aly Horma, President of Marrakech Grand Prix.
“We are very pleased that Mehdi Bennani has joined Wiechers-Sport. From his very first laps in the WTCC, he proved to be very competitive. Our common aim is a place on the podium of the 2010 Yokohama Independents’ Trophy,” said team manager Dominik Greiner.
In 2009 Bennani took part in selected events with a SEAT León run by Exagon Engineering and managed to claim an outstanding victory in the Independents’ class on his maiden appearance at his home race in Marrakech.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020