Mercedes GP has unveiled its W01 challenger for the 2010 season at Valencia, as pre-season testing officially kicks off in earnest.
Having revealed its Petronas-sponsored livery a week ago in Stuttgart, the Silver Arrows has now revealed the chassis it will use to defend the titles it won under the Brawn GP name last season.
The W01 is clearly different from last year’s title-winning BGP 001, and features several differences to the other cars launched so far. This includes a dropping, almost V-shaped nose and a much smaller engine cover than the other teams’ designs known thus far.
Drivers Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher were both on hand for the photographers and each will have a stint in the car today: Rosberg will run in the morning session, and Schumacher will take the afternoon stint.
[Image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020