Le Mans Series organisers have announced that Ferrari test and reserve driver Giancarlo Fisichella will be racing in the 2010 series.
The veteran of 229 Grand Prix starts had hoped to secure a berth (on loan from Ferrari) with one of the vacancies available with the remaining F1 teams, but these hopes have diminished in the last months.
Ferrari and its sister company, Maserati, both field teams in the Le Mans GT2 and GT1 classes – it would be logical to see Fisichella with one of their outfits, although no further details as to his signing have been announced.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020