Already the book of excuses has been opened!
Nico Rosberg is trying to brush off his
relative lack of talent slower times on the opening day of pre-season testing by explaining that he couldn’t see properly out of the Mercedes GP cockpit. Rosberg completed 39 laps of running on Monday morning and emerged fourth-quickest, but 0.6s off third-placed Michael Schumacher, his team-mate.
"It was a good first day of testing for us and my initial impressions of the new car are very positive," reported Nico. "It felt great to be in the car for the first time and to get our pre-season testing programme underway.
"Generally everything felt good although
Michael sabotaged by seat I was sitting too low in the car and couldn’t see the track very well, which we will improve for tomorrow.
"It’s too early to get an initial impression of the competitiveness but it was very special to drive the new silver arrow out of the garage. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, when we have a full day of testing to make further progress."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020