Macau’s Ho Wai Kun, otherwise known as Henry Ho, will join the 2010 FIA WTCC mid-season in a Liqui Moly Team Engstler run BMW 320si.
The 24-year old, who is a two-time Macau Touring Car Championship title winner, was in negotiations with the German outfit to secure the budget to compete for the entire season, after making his first WTCC appearances last year at Okayama and his home racetrack.
“It was one of my targets to build up a new team with Asian drivers. But same as in Europe, we had to face the financial crisis in Asia too and we failed to find the budget for the whole season. However, Ho Wai Kun will join us from the middle of the season,” team mager Kurt Treml explained.
Liqui Moly Team Engstler are due to announce their WTCC driver line-up in the next few days.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020