Nico Rosberg has stressed that he isn’t bothered by Rubens Barrichello’s warning for him to ‘Get out’ of Mercedes GP for the sake of saving face against the might of Michael Schumacher as his team-mate.
When Barrichello seriously/jokingly (?) advised Nico to look for a drive elsewhere, the German reacted calmy to the
"I am also quite strong and I respect people," Rosberg told AUTOSPORT. "I’m not too worried and, in general, I’m going to go for it and we will see what comes of it. If I’m ahead, great; if I’m behind, I need to work harder.
"I am confident from last year that I can do well, I don’t have a problem. It’s going to be challenge, of course, because I’m up against one of the greatest of all time. From his [Barrichello’s] point of view, he was beaten for six years so it doesn’t surprise me that he says that."
Cop that, Rubens! Have we got another catfight on the cards?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020