Force India today unveiled its 2010 challenger, dubbed the VJM03, via the team’s website.
Drivers Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi did the honours alongside the recently-signed test driver Paul di Resta.
Team boss Vijay Mallya stated his team is aiming to score "more points and more podiums" in the 2010 season following a promising 2009.
The Silverstone-based squad enjoyed what he labelled as an exceptional 2009 season, in which the team scored its maiden podium as well as its first pole position on its way to ninth place in the standings.
The VJM03 appears to be an evolution of last year’s machine, the car features a similarly high and flat nose to those found on several other 2010 cars unveiled so far, with a shark fin engine cover and tight sculpting towards the rear around the diffuser.
In order to realistically challenge for the goals it has set itself, the team needs to sort out the inconsistent pace issues that hampered its performance at higher-downforce circuits last year.
[Image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020