They teamed up in 2008 and will be doing it again – Andrei Romanov has signed to drive alongside Franz Engstler in the 2010 FIA WTCC for Engstler’s eponymous team.
Liqui Moly Team Engstler enters its third season in the FIA World Touring Car Championship and again will field two BMW 320si cars, with plans to expand to a third one for Macanese driver Henry Ho during the season.
Romanov makes his comeback to the team after spending last year claiming three race victories in the German ADAC Procar series at the wheel of a Chevrolet Lacetti.
"Andrei has always had ambitions, now we can benefit from his 2008 experience and go together as a strong team into the championship," said Engstler, who last year finished third in the WTCC Independents’ Trophy and runner-up in the FIA European Touring Car Cup.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020