F1’s two test drivers on display at Jerez both completed sufficient mileage to qualify for their F1 Superlicenses. The duo of Fairuz Fauzy (Lotus) and Paul di Resta (Force India) completed the required 300km of running in order to obtain their certification.
Without a FIA Superlicense, a driver cannot participate in any of the session during a Grand Prix weekend, meaning neither would be able to participate in any practice session or stand in for their respective lead drivers if required to do so.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020