Lotus has been forced to suspend its testing for the remainder of the day after Heikki Kovalainen crashed shortly after 1pm local time.
On a damp track, the Finn lost control exiting Turn 3 and hit the safety barriers to bring out the third red flag of the day thus far.
With no spare parts available to replace the damaged front wing, the components needed are being rapidly freighted from the team’s Norfolk base and should arrive tomorrow morning local time.
[Original image from Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020