With the ongoing rumours about USF1’s future making it more likely by the day that Stefan GP could be in with a chance to make the F1 grid, the internet rumour mill has been going gangbusters in the last 24 hours. Among many names to be thrown around in connection with the Serbian team, it comes as no surprise that Jacques Villeneuve’s name has again cropped up in certain circles.
It is widely known that F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone would like to see the Belgrade-based outfit competing in the sport this year and the Englishman could also be a supporter of a comeback for Villeneuve.
Should we see a return for the French-Canadian, the 2010 season will match an all-time record by boasting five Champions on its grid.
Villeneuve, of course, is yet to deny this latest speculation. As ever, any publicity is good publicity!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020