And still it gets worse!
USF1 could decide not to compete in Formula 1 in 2010, according to reports in the
reliable Argentinean press. It is also believed that driver José María López could now switch to the Campos team as USF1’s title sponsor YouTube is also rumoured to be engaging in discussions with the Spanish outfit.
According to several reports, USF1 joint-owner Peter Windsor has allegedly informed the father of López that the team may miss its first three races and possibly the entire season.
Furthermore, Germany’s Motorsport Total claims that YouTube founder Chad Hurley, USF1’s principal investor, has met with José Ramón Carabante of Campos and Felipe McCough – López’s manager – with a view to switching the former GP2
wallet driver to the Spanish team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020