Majority shareholder José Ramon Carabante has purchased the balance of the Campos team from team founder Adrián Campos, and installed former Jordan, Midland and Spyker
dentist boss Colin Kolles being appointed as Team Principal.
The move now secures the future of the team and guarantees that Bruno Senna and his to-be-named team-mate will be present at the opening round of the season at Bahrain.
"I would like to thank Bernie Ecclestone, who worked tremendously to support our efforts to keep the team viable," Carabante commented. "The whole rescue operation has been a race against time, with the goal having always been to run two competitive cars at the first Grand Prix of the F1 season in Bahrain."
No further announcement has been made relating to the speculation that USF1 sponsor YouTube looked set to join the Spanish team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020