The Australian GP Corporation has confirmed that the national carrier QANTAS has been secured as the naming rights sponsor for the 2010 Australian Grand Prix.
The Grand Prix had been without a title sponsor following the complete F1 sponsorship withdrawal of global bank ING, which had previously been the title sponsor of the event.
The airline has lengthy history of supporting the Australian Grand Prix since F1 first visited Australia in 1985, and was a title sponsor for the Grand Prix between 1997 and 2001.
The Corporation’s Chairman Ron Walker (pictured)
who really needs to update his hairstyle has said, “We are delighted to have Qantas as our premier partner as it teams the iconic Australian airline with one of Australia’s premier international sporting events."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Verstappen shades Bottas in FP2 - 11 July, 2020
- Pérez plots Racing Point’s recovery in FP1 - 10 July, 2020
- Mugello and Sochi added to 2020 F1 schedule - 10 July, 2020
- Bottas wins chaotic race in Austria - 6 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Rookie Drugovich claims dominant first win - 5 July, 2020