Mexico’s Estaban Gutierrez has been signed to Sauber’s driver development program, the team has announced today. In addition to driving for the ART team in the inaugural season of the GP3 championship, the 2008 Formula BMW Europe champion will attend a number of Grands Prix this season to gain experience in the operations of a Formula 1 team.
Gutierrez tested with Sauber (then under the former BMW management, above) at the young driver test session at Jerez.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020