Both Karun Chandhok and Campos have confirmed – as suspected – that they are in talks with each other about the sole available driver’s seat at the team.
Should he be successful in achieving the drive, Chandhok will be the second Indian to drive in Formula 1 after Narian Kathikeyan.
"We have been very impressed with Karun’s
money performance in GP2 and are close to finalising a deal with him," Campos’ dentist Team Principal Colin Kolles explained. "India is a great country and it would be great for our budget the sport to have an Indian driver on the grid.
"However, we will be in a better position to comment on this over the next few days."
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020