Michael Schumacher has
been asked by Ross Brawn to clarified his earlier comments made on Friday in which he claimed that Mercedes GP would not be in a position to challenge for wins in the first flyaway rounds of the season.
Schumacher made these comments after only being ranked as the seventh-quickest driver on Friday.
“Yesterday, I was a little bit pessimistic before studying the data,” he said.
"I mentioned it before I’d studied the data – afterwards it looked much more reasonable than I first thought. It looks like we were actually maybe running more fuel than others and that’s why the time didn’t look so good (seventh on the timesheets).
"Looking at the results and the data, it looks very reasonable…not too bad."
And is this you saying this, or the team management telling you to?
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020