In an attempt to dupe its main rivals, the Red Bull Racing team has been found to have applied stickers to the top of the rear bodywork of the RB6 to mimic exhaust outlets.
This bit of brinkmanship was discovered by Sutton Images, one of the the premier motorsport photography institutions.
The stickers give the impression that the car’s exhausts exit the rear of the engine cover, when in fact the rear exhaust exits are on its rear floor.
The lengths some teams will go to!
[Images via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020