In an attempt to dupe its main rivals, the Red Bull Racing team has been found to have applied stickers to the top of the rear bodywork of the RB6 to mimic exhaust outlets.
This bit of brinkmanship was discovered by Sutton Images, one of the the premier motorsport photography institutions.
The stickers give the impression that the car’s exhausts exit the rear of the engine cover, when in fact the rear exhaust exits are on its rear floor.
The lengths some teams will go to!
[Images via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018