“Our preparations have gone very well … Our biggest strength is our people. We have a very highly motivated team which is responsive and proactive in the way it goes racing – this was clearly demonstrated after the first test session
when we realised the R30 was no better than the R29, when the factory made a big push to make changes to the car in time for the Jerez test."
With the four teams (in no particular order) of Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes GP and Red Bull being favoured to lead the race to the 2010 title, Boullier believes Renault will be able to close the gap over the season.
“It has been very tough to understand and unpick the details of winter testing and how we compare with the other teams because we don’t know what approach they have taken.
Our car is off-the-pace We took a decision to run with heavy fuel at every test because we believed this was the best way to understand and improve the car. In terms of outright performance, I hope we are close to the top four teams.”
A mere pipedream from Eric, or does his spin-heavy spiel have some truth to it?
Time will tell…!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020